How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DR. EHTISHAM Your Own Question
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 3675
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
Type Your Medical Question Here...
DR. EHTISHAM is online now

For years I have had an uneven skin tone on my face. My skin

This answer was rated:

For years I have had an uneven skin tone on my face. My skin is smooth and I rarely get spots but I have what is almost like acne scars where my skin on my face, mostly cheeks, has red dots which makes me look flushed. I have no idea what this is and how best to treat it to even the skin tone.

Hello Daisy! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Can you please send a picture here for me


Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hopefully should be attached

Does this rash get worse on sun exposure?


Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Not that I have noticed. I have had it for years and stays as it is in the picture.

Thanks for the information!

Regarding the acne spots you can use Tritenoin or Clindamycin creams

These can be helpful in case of acne

If that does not work than oral doxycycline or Erythromycin can be of help

I would suggest that you do visit the dermatologist to have a examination and then have a prescription of these medicines

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you,and that I have earned my 5-stars rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting 5-stars at the top of the screen(rating me now does not close your question)

We can continue further till you are satisfied and you simply use the reply box to let me know

Thank you and regards

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you. Do you think it is acne scars?

yes some spots do look like acne


DR. EHTISHAM and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you