DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

My daughter has just turned 5. She fell backwards from a

Hi. My daughter has just turned 5. She fell backwards from a swing earlier today and has been complaining her 'chest hurts'. She is pointing right to the middle where her sternum is. She isnt crying with it and seems to be breathing fine. No sign of swelling or bruising. She wasn't going fast or high on the swing. What could be causing it? Does she need to go to hospital?

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Sorry to hear about your daughter,s health

If she is breathing fine and there is no swelling or bruise mark on the site of impact then there is nothing to worry about

You can give her an anti-inflammatory like Ibuprofen suspension for few days just to relieve the inflammation from the trauma

She should be fine in few days

If she develop any difficulty in breathing or swelling or bruise in the site of impact then she should be examined by the doctor

Hopefully there is nothing serious in it

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you,and that I have earned my 5-stars rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting 5-stars at the top of the screen(rating me now does not close your question)

We can continue further till you are satisfied and you simply use the reply box to let me know

Thank you and regards