How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DR. EHTISHAM Your Own Question
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 3350
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
Type Your Medical Question Here...
DR. EHTISHAM is online now

I hope you can help me. I've been diagnosed with

This answer was rated:

Hi, I hope you can help me. I've been diagnosed with osteoarthritis, I'm 71. Since Sunday I've been experiencing pain in my left leg while getting out of bed unable to put my weight onto my leg unless I keep it stiff. Also difficulty in sitting and getting up. After a while I'm able to walk. It's seems weird to me that while lying down no pain at all until I try to move, the pain seems to start at the knee and then moves down the leg and sometimes up the thigh. I am trying to get an appointment with my own GP but nothing till next Monday. Hope you can shed a light as in myself I feel good. Many thanks Oenwen Jones
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Hello Oenwen Jones! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm a Consultant Rheumatologist and I am reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Do you have any numbness in the leg as well?


Customer: replied 5 months ago.

Thanks for the information

It seems like a pain from advanced osteoarthritis

You should take an anti-inflammatory,physical therapy and gentle exercise and use some glucosamine and chondroitn sulphate as well

This will help in relieving your pain

You can also apply capsacin cream over it

You need to have a review by an orthopedic surgeon to have an assessment about how advance is the osteoarthritis

As if it is fairly advance the definite treatment will be a joint replacement

If the medicines are not helpful an intra-articular injection of steroid can help in relieving the pain

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you,and that I have earned my 5-stars rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting 5-stars at the top of the screen(rating me now does not close your question)

We can continue further till you are satisfied and you simply use the reply box to let me know

Thank you and regards

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks for your help

You are most welcome

Please do let me know if you have any other question

If done please leave a 5-stars feedback rating


DR. EHTISHAM and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you