Dr Anil Kumar
Dr Anil Kumar, Doctor
Experience:  M.D with over 30 years of experience in practice.
4713694

I have found out i am just six weeks pregnant. this would be

i have found out i am just six weeks pregnant. this would be good news however for four of the weekends i have been pregnant i have drunk about twenty units of alcohol and twice taken about a gram of cocaine. i am petrified i have caused damage to the baby and wonder if i should have a termination. i do not consider myself to have a drug addiction and only ever recreationally taken it. i would not take when pregnant or drunk alcohol.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board-certified consultant with over 30 years of experience. I’m reviewing your question and reply you soon.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
thank you ever so much

I understand your concern.

Well as you describe, such occasional use of alcohol and cocaine in the early pregnancy without knowing it couldn't impose any harm to your baby.

However, cocaine exposure may increase the risk of miscarriage

Still, I strongly recommend getting an Ultrasound for a fetal well being and the important thing is, to be HONEST with your doctor so she can check or screen your fetus for any abnormality.

Chances of abnormality are very less likely as you are just 6 weeks pregnant and you are not a drug addict.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.
Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s requested to avoid poor/bad rating.
Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.
It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
thank you ever so much for your advice it’s very reassuring. i don’t feel confident to explain to my doctor about drug use due to it being on file and the baby then becoming monitored after birth. i think i will pay for a private scan though. thank you ever so much again.

I wish for your good health.
Please do not forget to leave positive rating by clicking 5 stars if you are satisfied with our conversation. A bonus is highly appreciated.
We can continue our conversation even after you provide a rating.
Kind Regards
Dr.Anil