DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I am 85, in good health. I had a routine PSA blood test

I am 85, in good health. I had a routine PSA blood test recently which included 'glucose' for which the reading is 40mmol. Is this a cause for concern, and if so what action is necessary?
John Glanfield

Hello John! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Are you saying that your blood glucose is 40 mmol?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
40 mmol

Thanks for the information

The normal range of a random blood glucose is between 7-11 mmol

A level of 40 mmol is very high

You must see the doctor right away to avoid complications related to this high blood glucose

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you,and that I have earned my 5-stars rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting 5-stars at the top of the screen(rating me now does not close your question)

We can continue further till you are satisfied and you simply use the reply box to let me know

Thank you and regards