DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I have a 14yr old son with raised bilirubin (28) & alp (719)

I have a 14yr old son with raised bilirubin (28) & alp (719) most recent. They have been raised for the last 6 months. He had an abdominal ultrasound which is normal. No signs of jaundice but sometimes very pale. Normal height & weight. Diet very good as he is a keen sports person. Any thoughts?

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before I answer can you mention the normal reference range in the results?

Reagrds

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Bilirubin 0-21, Alp 42-362

Thanks for the information

The bilirubin is mildly elevated and it could be a sign of a benign condition called Gilbert syndrome which is seen in a lot of people and it is not a worrying thing

Alkaline phosphatase is slightly elevated but as he is in a growing age and obviously bones are also in a stage where they are growing so a mild elevation of ALP is normal

Considering your son has no symptoms I would just keep an eye on these numbers to see how it goes

But at this point nothing to worry about

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you,and that I have earned my 5-stars rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting 5-stars at the top of the screen(rating me now does not close your question)

We can continue further till you are satisfied and you simply use the reply box to let me know

Thank you and regards

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
It is not possible for me to call you.

Its okay you can chat here