DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

My 6 years old son keeps having pimple like rashes on his

Hi,My 6 years old son keeps having pimple like rashes on his face since last year. It mostly appears around his mouth and chin area. Once it also appeared on his arm. We were told it is hives. The rashes sometimes get infected and when it is, we apply prescribed antibiotic ointment.The attached picture is from today but I can also send more pictures from previous times.Do you also think it is hives? Can you recommend any tests (if needed) and treatments?Thanks.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Sorry to hear about your son,s health

Yes it seems like Hives or Urticaria

As it is occurring again and again I would suggest some basic tests like complete blood count,ESR,Thyroid function and an anti nuclear antibody

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you,and that I have earned my 5-stars rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting 5-stars at the top of the screen(rating me now does not close your question)

We can continue further till you are satisfied and you simply use the reply box to let me know

Thank you and regards

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
What might be the complications?

Well if all the tests turn out to be normal there is nothing to be worried of in the long run

Please do let me know if you have any other question

If done please leave a 5-stars feedback rating

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you very much Dr. Ehtisham.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Dr Ehtisham the rash looks similar to a cold sore now. What do you think? I am a little bit confused.

Usually cold sores are crusty and then a scab appear over it which goes away in a week or so

In this case you didn't mention any scab or oozing from this lesion so unlikely to be cold sore

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No it suddenly appeared in the afternoon and he mentions no itching etc. His rashes usually have pimple like heads in the center but this one just starting to have more. They don’t look like fluid filled blisters but I am not sure.

Well you can have it examined by the GP but does not look like a cold sore to me

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I could quickly book an appointment this afternoon with the GP after your reply. She looked at it but didn’t say anything different. She will book tests in a month time but first she wanted us to stop his multivitamin supplements.

Alright that would be a good thing to do

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Do you think it still looks like the previous picture?

Yes it does

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Oh okay. Thank you again Dr Ehtisham.

You are welcome Hazal!

Reagrds