How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Medicaldoctor Your Own Question
Medicaldoctor, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 879
Experience:  MBBS/MS
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Medicaldoctor is online now

I'm an 18-year-old male and I had unprotected sex with a

This answer was rated:

Hi, I'm an 18-year-old male and I had unprotected sex with a girl I didn't know at the time. This was only two days ago and I now feel like I have a fever. My throat is sore and I lost appetite. I'm very worried as I almost never get sick and also because I now have good reason to believe my partner might have an STD. Thank you for your time.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, I shall be consulting you today.

These are not the symptoms of an STD.

These symptoms are more consistent with infectious mononucleosis.

Are you aware of that girl's STD status?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Im not
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm very worried because I feel its a big coincidence as I don't usually feel sick

Symptoms of STD don't occur that quickly.

Please feel free to ask questions

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Also I might be overthinking but although I don't have any pain on my penis I don't feel like I usually do. What should I do? Should I have an STD test?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
If I have infectious mononucleosis what steps should I take?

Infectious mononucleosis is a viral infection it goes away on its own.

You should visit an STD clinic as the sex was unprotected plus you don't know her status

Medicaldoctor and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you very much for your help

You're welcome :)
Take care