Dr Anil Kumar
Dr Anil Kumar, Doctor
Experience:  M.D with over 30 years of experience in practice.
4713694

I’ve been getting pain in my left shoulder blade which seems

Hi I’ve been getting pain in my left shoulder blade which seems to be worse in the evening sometimes it feels like it’s also through the shoulder blade to my chest and I can get very slight numbness in both arms. It seems to get better with rest. Thismorning after a nights sleep it’s not so apparent but I’m worried as itsmy left side it could be something to do with my heart

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board-certified consultant with over 30 years of experience. I’m reviewing your question and reply you soon.

Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

Associated neck stiffness?

Shortness of breath, chest tightness?

Associated nausea, heartburn, Cough?

Smoking and alcohol intake?

Prolonged hours of computer/mobile use?

Since how long have you been suffering from?

Are you taking any medications?
Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
last week I was walking after some manual work and my neck felt like it was about to pull a muscle my neck was a little stiff for a few days I’ve had the shoulder blade pain for around 4 days, it comes at the end of the day I’ve had no nausea or heartburn. I havnt had shortness of breath my chest does feel tight at times when I’m moving around in the evening and the shoulder pain is apparent its like a stabbing pain so can catch my breath or feel like my chest is tight ? I have taken some ibuprofen, I do suffer with sciatica and lower back pain anyway. I smoke a vape and have had prolonged hours of computer or mobile use.

Thanks for all these additional information.

I understand your concern.

Well as you describe, it sounds Cervical spondylosis.

And muscular overexertion, repetitive strain from prolonged hours of computer or mobile use can contribute to your symptoms.

You should do gentle massage with muscle relaxant ointment and apply warm compresses on the affected area.

You should consider physical therapy which can be very effective.

You see an Orthopedist for further evaluation and management.

Gentle neck and arms stretching can be tried.

Continue Ibuprofen and take OTC Zantac.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s requested to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Ok what is OTC Zantac and where can I find that? The arm tingling and numbness is that common in cervical spondylosis. I’m hoping it will clear up soon.

Thanks for the follow-up.

Over the counter Zantac you can buy from a nearby drug store.

Yes, arm tingling and numbness is common in Cervical spondylosis due to nerve compression.

You try such measures and physical therapy which provide you relief.

Hope this helps.
Use reply to let me know if you have further queries.
Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars and avoid poor/bad rating.
A bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Ok I will purchase some Zantac and carry on with the ibuprofen thanks

Try other measures as well.

I wish for your good health.
Please do not forget to leave positive rating by clicking 5 stars if you are satisfied with our conversation. A bonus is highly appreciated.
We can continue our conversation even after you provide a rating.
Kind Regards
Dr.Anil