DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

Please help me? Last night when I was lying in bed my heart

Please help me? Last night when I was lying in bed my heart started Beating really fast it lasted for about an hour I had to take a propanomol to help me. My legs started shaking too. I don’t know if they started shaking cause I was panicking so much about the heart I’m worried sick now
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I could actually feel my heart pounding outside my chest it was scary

Hello Sophia! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Sorry to hear about your health

I would suggest that you should have an ECG to look for an arrhythmia

If that is normal then considering permanent symptoms you should have a Holter monitoring

If that is also normal then stress can be the reason

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you,and that I have earned my 5-stars rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting 5-stars at the top of the screen(rating me now does not close your question)

We can continue further till you are satisfied and you simply use the reply box to let me know

Thank you and regards

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I’ve had an ecg and that was normal plus had a stress test last week which was normal

I would suggest to have a Holter monitoring and if that is also normal then it is likely due to anxiety

Thank you and regards

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Could this be tachycardia and is it serious? Last night was the first I’ve had this

Tachycardia is a term used for increased heart rate

Important thing is to find out if this is an abnormal tachycardia or rhythm disorder so a Holter will be helpful