Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I need help with Gallstone what medical department would I

I need help with Gallstone what medical department would I need to contact

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

you can start with your GP doctor

they can prescribe you medications like ursodiol which can help dissolve gall stones.

your GP doctor can give you a course of antibitoics which can sometimes help calm down gall bladder inflammation

if this doesn't work, your GP doctor can refer you to see a surgeon who can talk to you about removing your gall bladder

do you have a GP doctor?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
She is booked in for a keyhole surgery in July, but my concern is that we are flying out to Kos in June, she it safe for her to fly?
Her Dr has advised her not to fly but another Dr advised that as it’s a shot haul flight it ahould be find. Not sure what to do just need a third opinion..

yes, she is safe to fly if she has gall stones.

she should avoid fatty foods and alcohol and oily foods which can inflame the gall bladder.

a short flight should be fine

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 Stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down see the ratings area)
You can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com