How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 51425
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. David is online now

I need help with Gallstone what medical department would I

This answer was rated:

I need help with Gallstone what medical department would I need to contact

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

you can start with your GP doctor

they can prescribe you medications like ursodiol which can help dissolve gall stones.

your GP doctor can give you a course of antibitoics which can sometimes help calm down gall bladder inflammation

if this doesn't work, your GP doctor can refer you to see a surgeon who can talk to you about removing your gall bladder

do you have a GP doctor?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
She is booked in for a keyhole surgery in July, but my concern is that we are flying out to Kos in June, she it safe for her to fly?
Her Dr has advised her not to fly but another Dr advised that as it’s a shot haul flight it ahould be find. Not sure what to do just need a third opinion..

yes, she is safe to fly if she has gall stones.

she should avoid fatty foods and alcohol and oily foods which can inflame the gall bladder.

a short flight should be fine

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 Stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down see the ratings area)
You can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website:
Thanks for using

Dr. David and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you