DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

About 4-5 years ago I developed chronic constipation that

About 4-5 years ago I developed chronic constipation that lasted for several months, eventually constipation got better, however I didn't have a normal bowel movement ever since. My symptoms include: excessive gas (especially in the mornings), narrow, broken, almost flat stools on one side, cramping and fullness feeling in the bowel. Otherwise, I am fairly regular and have 1-2 bowel movement a day. Around the time I was constipated I saw a GP and got diagnosed with IBS as GP said I am too young (was 22 at that time) to have anything else. Blood was taken to check for celiac, no other examination has been done.
Now, 5 years forward, I developed what I believe is an external hemorrhoid and I bought hemorrhoid cream and pessaries from a pharmacy to treat it. As I was inserting a pessary into my bottom I felt a bulge size of a golfball about 4cm deep, on the anterior side of my rectum. When I tried to press onto it I had a feeling of bladder fullness. What this could be? Thanks

Hello Sandra! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

It can be a cyst or it can also be an internal hemorrhoid

You need to have it examined by your doctor as it might require a more specific treatment in the form of a surgery

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you,and that I have earned my 5-stars rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting 5-stars at the top of the screen(rating me now does not close your question)

We can continue further till you are satisfied and you simply use the reply box to let me know

Thank you and regards

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
How big can hemorrhoids get? Because this is quite a big mass, that feels like it is blocking my passage. I have an appointment with a GP in June.

If it is very big then a cyst or growth needs to be ruled out

Please do let me know if you have any other question

If done please leave a 5-stars feedback rating

Customer: replied 6 months ago.