DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

Months, maybe even a year ago my arms started hurting after

Months, maybe even a year ago my arms started hurting after rigorous martial arts training (4 years of Wing Chun kung-fu and full contact tournament fighting) - specifically nerve pain starting from the shoulders and going all the way down to the center of the arms. I tried taking it more easy, rested, took days off and used ibuprofen to relieve the pain. But a few months ago, the very next day after training my shoulder started acting up, I couldn't even lift it up when I woke up because it hurt that much and felt inflamed inside. A chiropractor told me I have supraspinatus tendon inflammation. I really want to know how to cure this, what kind of stretches I need to make and what I have to do so I can start training again. Thank you for your time.

Hello Einar! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hello again Dr. Ehtisham!

The first thing is to diagnose the exact problem

For this you will need to have an X-ray and an MRI after an examination preferably by a Rheumatologist or orthopedic surgeon

If it turn out to be a supraspinatus tear then treatment will depend upon the extent of damage

Minor tears are managed conservatively with rest,non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and physical therapy

In more severe cases a surgical repair may be necessary

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you,and that I have earned my 5-stars rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting 5-stars at the top of the screen(rating me now does not close your question)

We can continue further till you are satisfied and you simply use the reply box to let me know

Thank you and regards

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks. I have registered for an ultrasound - should I ask for an MRI and xray aswell?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The GP booked me an ultrasound

If the ultrasound comes back normal then I would suggest an MRI

Reagrds

Customer: replied 5 months ago.