DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I am 80 years old and have started biting the inside of my

I am 80 years old and have started biting the inside of my mouth when I eat. I have almost complete dentures. Is this something to do with old age and the mouth loosening up

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Sorry to hear about your problem

Yes it is possible as with advancing age the muscles inside the oral cavity do get loose and lax and while chewing they can come in the teeth

Second thing which should be considered is the alignment of the dentures as misalignment can also be the reason for such kind of problem

You do need to see your doctor to have a look at your dentures in this case

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you,and that I have earned my 5-stars rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting 5-stars at the top of the screen(rating me now does not close your question)

We can continue further till you are satisfied and you simply use the reply box to let me know

Thank you and regards

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
thank you when i consulted my dentist about this he said it was not the denture and to chew more carefully perhaps he did not like to tell me that it may be the muscle reason i surmised this myself

You are welcome

Yes in that case its likely the loose muscles and you just have to be careful while chewing

Please do let me know if you have any other question

If done please leave a 5-stars feedback rating