DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I fell down some stairs before Christmas and damaged my

Hi, I fell down some stairs before Christmas and damaged my ankle. I have always been prone to ankle turning, so strapped it up, RICE'd it and waited till the bruising went, however it is still swelling every day, now months later. Should I be concerned?

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm a Consultant Rheumatologist and I am reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Was an X-ray done at that time to rule out a fracture ?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
no, I had no medical attention

Thanks for the information

As it is almost 5 months since you have the injury so by now it should have been healed

Now as you keep on getting this swelling daily I would suggest that you should see the doctor

This can be due to local ligament or muscle damage

This might require an X-Ray and an MRI of the ankle for further evaluation

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you,and that I have earned my 5-stars rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting 5-stars at the top of the screen(rating me now does not close your question)

We can continue further till you are satisfied and you simply use the reply box to let me know

Thank you and regards