Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS
23101880

I’ve been getting a numb face for the last 3 days it’s

Hi there I’ve been getting a numb face for the last 3 days it’s mainly in the right side around my cheek and eye. I still have movement and my speech is fine.Sometimes the numbness can go to my right arm and leg but again I always have control and movement of that arm and leg.I’ve had tooth ache for a week could that be the problem of it? Also I sometimes suffer from anxiety but for the last month I’ve been managing it well.Thankyou

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

Do you have any history of headaches of late ? Any history of strokes while young in your family ? Do you have any other known medical conditions like raised cholesterol , blood pressure , diabetes etc ? Do you smoke at all ? Is this the first time you are experiencing this type of numbness ?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No I don’t usually get headaches and no strokes in the family apart from my grandad when he was in his
60s
Ive never been diagnosed with any of those but I’ve been getting them on and off but before I thought it was always because of my anxiety.

Alright ,well you can observe it for now . Doesnt sound anything of concern with nothing significant in your history . However if you continue to experience this then it may need a consultation with a Neurologist to rule out any possible causes like e.g Multiple Sclerosis . So watchful waiting for now .

Hopefully it shouldnt be anything sinister.

Let me know if you have any more queries.

Please remember to reward credit for the consult by clicking 5 stars in rating corner of your page if you are satisfied.

Stay blessed.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks is there anything I should look out for when having this it usually comes and goes ?

Any change in speech , vision or power in limbs should mean you need immediate professional help.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks very much

You are most welcome .

Best regards ,

Dr Saleem