DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I had been experiencing an uncomfortable feeling after I had

I had been experiencing an uncomfortable feeling after I had eaten certain foods but especially after my first cup of tea in the morning. The area of the problem is where my bra band sits in the front, so much so, that I find it more comfortable not to wear it. I have had this feeling for a while, but found if I twist my upper body or rub my back, I can burp for England, and it had always relieved the symptoms. When I realised that this was not working, I made an appointment to see a doctor last Tuesday 15/5. I saw a nurse. She thought it was to do with acid reflux, although I did explain that I did not suffer from heartburn, regurgitating or indigestion. I was prescribed Omeprazole (10mg) 1 to be taken every morning. On Friday we had an Indian, which we have done for some time. Not long after eating I started having pains, similar to the ones I experience with my IBS, but this got worse. I have never experienced pain like it. When the pain eventually subsided about 20 mins later, I noticed blood in the toilet when I flushed the loo. Yesterday I spent the day in bed, drinking water and had two bowls of porridge. Today I feel better, but every now and then I get a slight abdominal pain, and when I went to the toilet this morning, I deliberately caught it on some toilet paper. It was a small amount of blood in a mucas-type form. I have not taken the tablet this morning, and unsure what to do next, apart from returning to the doctors tomorrow.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Sorry to hear about this

It seems you are suffering from an infection of the bowel

Blood in stool is usually an indication for antibiotic as it is mostly a bacterial infection

You can continue with Omeprazole and take a BRAT diet (banana,rice,apple sauce and toast)

You need a stool analysis and a course of antibiotic to get rid of this infection

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you,and that I have earned my 5-stars rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting 5-stars at the top of the screen(rating me now does not close your question)

We can continue further till you are satisfied and you simply use the reply box to let me know

Thank you and regards

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your reply. May I ask what sort of rice is best?

Boiled white rice

Please do let me know if you have any other question

If done please leave a 5-stars feedback rating

Customer: replied 2 months ago.