DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

My problem started a week ago. I couldn’t pass a stool as it

My problem started a week ago. I couldn’t pass a stool as it was extremely painful. Since that day I have not had my normal bowel movement at all. I usually empty once a day. I have only opened my bowels two times since that day and not fully only little bits come out. I have not got the urge to go at all. I can pass wind. I hav had for three days right low side abdominal pain bad pain. It hurts to press as well. My stomach doesn’t look bloated it just feels hard and like u can’t push in as much. It’s just not soft like normal. I can’t eat as I normally do at all coz I feel so bloated and full. Does this sound like constipation or appendicitis?
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
I also would like to add I have never been constipated before

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

It is unlikely to be appendicitis as in that case the pain would have been more severe and if left untreated usually it perforate

It seems you have been suffering from constipation

Sometimes the stools become so hard that they cause an obstruction in the rectum and thus constipation

You can use a laxative like Miralax and hopefully it should work

Increase fiber in the diet and drink plenty of fluids/water

If it does not get any better in next day or so then see your doctor for an examination

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you,and that I have earned my 5-stars rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting 5-stars at the top of the screen(rating me now does not close your question)

We can continue further till you are satisfied and you simply use the reply box to let me know

Thank you and regards

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Ok the pain is bad like when I move it increases and just because it’s on the right side it worrying me. So if it still the same in a couple of days see a dr but shouldn’t worry about that appendicitis as by now having the pain a few days I would be more ill? Sorry is that what u mean and thank you for ur help x

Yes you got it right

Untreated appendicitis usually lead to complication like perforation and the symptoms could be far worse

As I said if it does not get better with laxative then see the doctor for examination

Thank you and regards

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Ok will leave it a few days and go back if they don’t work thank you x
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Sorry to continue I just wanted to clarify the pain has been here since two and a half days and gradually worsening. I also wanted to add I haven’t had normal bowel movement in 7 days and can this cause a lot of increased pain when pressing on the stomach? Coz when I press on the left side the pain on the right side increase and when I press on the right side it just hurts a lot. Would I get other symptoms of appendicitis x

Alright so in that case you have to see your doctor for examination to rule out an appendicitis