DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I had sepsis at Christmas time and was in the hospital for 6

Hello, I had sepsis at Christmas time and was in the hospital for 6 days and of work for about a month. So not too serious to what can happen. Ever since I have had 6 colds and whenever I do exercise for over an hour I feel ill for a few days. Is this normal in the recovering process? How long can I expect this to continual? Is there anything extra I can be doing? I would say I have a healthy diet.

Hello William! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Do you have any recent blood test ?

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
I have had blood test and they are normal.

Thanks for the information

It seems like you are getting these viral flu due to slightly impaired immunity after the sepsis

I would suggest that you discuss with your doctor about taking a Flu shot

This can prevent the repeated occurrence of viral flu

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you,and that I have earned my 5-stars rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting 5-stars at the top of the screen(rating me now does not close your question)

We can continue further till you are satisfied and you simply use the reply box to let me know

Thank you and regards

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
I have had a flu shot in January.

Alright so in that case it is just that your body is recovering slowly from the effects of sepsis and you should be fine in next few months

Thank you and regards