How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 51425
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. David is online now

I’m currenly 19 years old, I have come to ask for advice. I

This answer was rated:

Hi, my name is*****’m currenly 19 years old, I have come to ask for advice.I have been suffering from Anxiety and Intrusive thoughts since I was 8 years old, and it doesn’t seem to get better - just worse, my anxiety has became worse and I am struggling living an healthy life.I am looking for advice from an expert who might be able to help me overcome my intrusive thoughts which has been taking over my life,God bless.

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

you need to see a doctor or psychiatrist about your anxiety symptoms and intrusive thoughts

there are medications which can help

there are medications like sertraline, fluoxetine, paroxetine which can help decrease anxiety symptoms.

medications like diazepam, clonazepam can help decrease anxiety

hydroxyzine, and propranolol can help as well

medical marijuana could help your anxiety symptoms and intrusive thoughts

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I do take medication which is Sertraline, but i don’t feel like it helps

you may need higher doses or additional medications.

do you have an appointment to follow up with your doctor?

is medical marijuana legal in your state?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No, not in Sweden, i have an appointment in 1 monthish, what do I say to him?

you tell them that your anxiety symptoms are bad

you have intrusive thoughts

you may need higher doses of sertraline or additional medications to help your symptoms.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I dont feel like ive been given alot of advice sorry, my doc lowered my dose for Sertraline and wants me to quit the medicine by lowerinf g the dosage each 6 months or so
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Besides medication, can i have some advices?

you should cut out gluten, white flour, sugar, sodas, alcohol out of your diet as these can be very inflammatory

eat more fruits and vegetables and protein and lean meats

you should try to exercise.

exercise and yoga and deep breathing exercises can help

sertraline may not be the right medication for you,

you may need to find another medication which works better for you

ask to see a psychiatrist specialist.

Dr. David and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you