wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I am suffering from sinusitis and was prescribed

I am suffering from sinusitis and was prescribed Phenoxymethylpenicillin and Nasonex yesterday.
I feel congested in my cheeks, have pain in my forehead and feel lightheaded.
My question is can I take decongestion tablets with the antibiotics?

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Yes. You can safely take decongestant medication when also taking the antibiotics.

Does this make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you is it normal to feel dizzy/off balance with sinusitis?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would rather text

That can happen but, to tell the truth, it is more common with middle ear issues.....perhaps your infection has spread?

In any event, the antibiotics should work for any ear issues you might have...

Make sense?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your help

My pleasure.

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you can please give me the top rating in all areas. It has been a pleasure to assist you today.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Have a good weekend :-)