DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I’m scared incase I have bladder cancer Over the last six

I’m scared incase I have bladder cancerOver the last six month I keep feeling the need to pee , and when have urine test have blood in my urine.
When the urine is sent off there is no infection.I have had a ultrasound on my bladder and that all came back normal.If I had bladder cancer would it show up on the ultrasound scan .

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

So you have blood in urine without any evidence of infection,right?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Since how long you have this problem?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
About 6 months
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have put weight on

Thanks for the information

If your ultrasound is normal and you have persistent hematuria you should have an X-ray KUB(kidney,ureter and bladder),CT scan and see a urologist for cystoscopy to have a direct visualization of the bladder

Not all the diseases are picked up an ultrasound and further evaluation is definitely required

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you,and that I have earned my 5-stars rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting 5-stars at the top of the screen(rating me now does not close your question)

We can continue further till you are satisfied and you simply use the reply box to let me know

Thank you and regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you think it could be bladder cancer ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had a stool test done and they found inflammation in my bowel
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The blood in the urine is not there all the time

Although the chances are low but still you need to have further investigations

Stone can be another reason and some type of stones are not visible on ultrasound so that is why you need further evaluation

Thank you and regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I’m just so scared incase I have cancer .

Well since you don,t have an weight loss or loss of appetite and ultrasound is normal so the chances of a cancer are low

Thank you and regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What are the symptoms of bladder cancer ?

Blood in urine

Pain lower abdomen

Fever

Weight loss

Loss of appetite

Thank you and regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I suffer from health anxiety
And all I have been doing is crying .
Cause I’m scared I have cancer .I go on holiday on Monday
And I feel so scared.
I’m sorry If im going on
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I only have blood in urine sometimes when tested .And pain lower abdomen on left side only .

There is no need to worry as the symptoms does not really goes in favor of a cancer but since you have a problem you should have further investigations

Thank you and regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok will it be able to wait till I come back from holiday ?

Yes absolutely no problem in that

Thank you and regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can endometriosis cause them symptoms?

It will cause bleeding only during periods

Thank you and regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Right ok
I just don’t understand
Why I get this pain on my left side and have inflammation in my stool.
But only get the pain when I’m on my period .
With other symptomsAll this just makes me really anxious and scared

The inflammation in and pain on left side can be due to infection in the intestine

Regarding hematuria or blood in urine you need investigations as I mentioned

Thank you and regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Right ok
I’m going to see a GI doctor when I come back from holiday .When I come back from holiday I see my GP about referring me to is a urologist

GOOD LUCK

Thank you and regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
With all the I have told you
Be honest with meDose any of this sound dangerous

No but i do want you to have further evaluation

Thank you and regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is the further evaluation cause it could be serious?

Further evaluation to pick up the exact cause

Thank you and regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok
I’m sorry
I just feel so anxious
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You think I’m being silly

Its okay nothing to worry about

Please do let me know if you have any other question

If done please leave a 5-stars feedback rating

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I’m still feeling scared , about all this .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I went doctors yesterday cause .
I have the feeling like I need to pee all the time .My doctor done a urine test came back normal.He gave me antibiotics
I go on holiday on Monday
I just don’t know why im going that feeling .
And I’m scared

Just relax and come back from holidays to get the investigations

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you think everything will come back ok ??

The chances of this happening are high but one can only be certain after the investigations

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I’m just panicking about it
Cause I don’t want it to be anything serious.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could all the be interstitial cystitis, ?
Would that could all the symptoms I’m getting ?

The symptoms are more persistent in interstitial cystitis but needs to be ruled out as well

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have to put up with this pain and discomfort.
Until I come back from holiday .The pain I have hasn’t gone this time
And I go on holiday tomorrow .

I am so sorry to hear about your health

You can take some pain medicine till you see your doctor

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I’m feel like
You think it is something serious.And you not saying

I have said already that the chances of something serious are low but obviously not zero so that is why you require evaluation

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you think I be safe to go on holiday?

Yes you will

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I could have something I could be dieing from .I feel so scared and anxious

Not really

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What you mean not really ?

I don,t see anything life threatening

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you think when I see my specialist everything will be ok

Hopefully yes but without further evaluation one can not be 100% sure

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I hope I will be ok

Good-luck

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I found this on my auns
Is this a pile ?
I’m scared it could be cancer
And I’m going on holiday on Monday
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don’t know what it is
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have more pictures if you need