wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

Is it possible for a 90 year old to take blood thinners for

is it possible for a 90 year old to take blood thinners for AF if under 6stone?

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Yes, as long as her doctor believes that the benefits of taking the blood thinner outweigh the risks.

There is no upper age limit or body weight that would preclude, by itself, someone taking blood thinners for AF.

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
as a frail lady with a memory that is not the best... how would missing doses affect things?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is it a problem i she forgets a dose?

It would make it so her level of blood thinning wasn't good enough to prevent clot formation and she could suffer from clot related issues like a stroke or death.

Not taking her medication as directed would be a problem.

In cases like this sometimes governmental assistance is available where a caregiver would come by and make sure she gets her medications as directed.

Make sense?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you can please give me the top rating in all areas. It has been a pleasure to assist you today.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thanks

My pleasure.

I wish her the very best.

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS