Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

My partner has been on treatment for prostate cancer for the

Customer Question

My partner has been on treatment for prostate cancer for the past 2 years, recently his PSA started to rise again and the consultant sent him for a bone scan which was clear and also a CT scan. The CT scan showed 2 nodes in the chest outside the lungs but nothing in the lungs and they now want to do a biopsy. Is it possible the prostate cancer could have spread to the chest but nowhere else.
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 6 months ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am reviewing your question and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks a lot for waiting. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. Yes this is possible. Prostate cancer can spread through direct invasion, through blood borne spread and through lymphatics. So it is possible that in your husbands case, it might have spread through blood or lymphatics to chest. He should go for the biopsy as advised and seek treatment accordingly. I am sorry to say so but these nodes should be taken as spread of prostate cancer until proven otherwise but definitely we can hope for the best because it's not necessary for them to be cancerous. I wish your husband good luck and that he gets well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards

Anything else I can help you with? Please let me know, I am here to assist you. Please remember to rate my answer as this is how I get compensated for my time and effort here for you. Regards