Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

I twisted my foot last night and heard a lot of crunching

Customer Question

I twisted my foot last night and heard a lot of crunching noises when doing so. Should I go to A and E for an x-ray?
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 22 days ago.

Dear customer,

Thank you for the question.

Basically, with this type of injury, we need to know whether the foot is fractured or just sprained. Since you are having swelling and are unable to do your activities after the trauma you should go the emergency for an x-ray and for treatment. You require prescription medications which will reduce the swelling and relieve your pain even if this is just a sprain. So, please visit the A and E for management.

Take care.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.
Please rate the answer with 5-stars, by clicking the 5-stars above with your mouse (or with your finger on a mobile device).
It will be very generous of you to also consider a bonus.

Dear customer,
Were you able to read my answer?
Do you have any further questions?