Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

My problem is that after I ejaculate my urethra itches and

Customer Question

Hello, my problem is that after I ejaculate my urethra itches and any skin my semen touches also itches. I also have a persistent itchy anus and penis head.
Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?
Customer: It has been several months. Canasten helps temporarily.
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Diagnosed with chronic prostate infection 3 years ago. I have never been told what the actual infection was and I’m concerned I may be passing something to my wife via infected semen.
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 19 days ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I looking forward to assisting you with your question and providing excellent service. Have you been treated for the infection? You can pass it to your wife. It sounds like you have a yeast infection. You can try treating with over the counter lotrimin or lotrimin gold
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
No I have not been treated, tried Canasten but only works for a short while then it returns. My wife thinks she is getting white marks/bubble like spots on her face. Could this be from my yeast infection?
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 19 days ago.
No the marks on her face are not due to that. You may need to treat for as long as 2 weeks and she may need to do a vaginal treatment also