Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Dear Doctor I have been taking 50mg of Antenolol for years

Dear Doctor
I have been taking 50mg of Antenolol for years now together with Ramapril.
About 6 months ago, the ramapril was not controlling my blood pressure so they stopped the ramapril and gave me 5mg of Amlodipine. Since this time I have started developing rashes on my skin and shortness of breath which I have never had before. Could this be a reaction to the Amlodipine. I also feel very tired at times. Thank you Steve

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

Steve--yes--this is obviously two side effects of the amlodipine

You need to discuss this with your doctor and if I were he I would stop the amlodipine and increase the dosage of the atenolol and add clonidine as a more effective medication for controlling your blood pressure

Please let me know if you need any more information