wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

Where can I get advice to assist my father (91yrs with

Customer Question

Where can I get advice to assist my father (91yrs with dementia) with his night catheter please
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 4 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 4 months ago.

Where does your father live? At home, etc?

What type of catheter does he use?

Who currently applies it for him?

Does your father have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
My father is at my house while my sister is on holiday when he lives at home in Devon . They are supplied by Caroline (E1 night urine drainage bags)
He has 3 drugs, aspirin, donepel & Omeprazole
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for that additional information.

How does he apply his catheter now? Do you do it, does he do it or someone else?

What sort of advice are you needing at this point?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have found the answer with a district nurse, so I need no further help thank you
Please finish this contact.
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 4 months ago.

I'm glad that the district nurse was able to help you.

I wish your father the very best.

Don't forget to mash the positive feedback button for me...the one labeled "excellent" is the most fun to push by far ;)

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Have a good day.