Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

For the last two years I have been experiencing Nausea. It

Customer Question

Hi,For the last two years I have been experiencing Nausea. It has really been a struggle and I have had test after test! I've had stool tests, H Pylori Tests, blood tests, and endoscopy and nothing major has shown up. My endoscopy did show a bit of acid and also detected H Pylori which I was treated for however the nausea has just persisted. I have been given antacids and also tried stress management via a specialist but still it continues. Now on top of the nausea I have persistant heartburn along with a pain when you press the top of my stomach. The heartburn is sometimes quite bad and nothing I have been prescribed seems to take it away. I am literally lost as to which way to turn next : (I did see my GP last Thursday and he's given me another antacid and sent me for further blood tests but as yet four or five days in my heartburn continues. I have been told to lay off caffine, spicy foods and alcohol for four weeks, I have stopped this now for a good few days and then he's asked if I come back in four weeks!!!! Four weeks is a long time and right now every day feels like a battle! I just don't know what to do, I am extremely worried something serious is wrong.Do you have any suggestions and also do you think something is seriously wrong with me?ThanksDarren
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 4 months ago.

Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

still need help?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I haven’t had any response from you : ( Only asking if I need help. Have you read my issue which I thought was quite in depth?

what meds do you take currently Darren?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Anti-Acids which they have just doubled the dosage on so 40mg twice daily. I do seem to be a little better since they doubled the dosage recently.

no other meds for anything else?

do you have allergies?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Asthma seasonal and dust / pollen. No meds for anything else

the nausea is from the post nasal drip

do you take any nasal sprays?

Thanks for this question.
I strive for 5 star service for all customers.

If you have any more questions, just reply. :)

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
You replied with this...………….. the nausea is from the post nasal drip
do you take any nasal sprays?Can you explian what you mean please?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have to use mostly Sudafed (or sometimes BECONASE) as my nose gets so stuffy and in the summer months (like now) an inhaler.

The nausea is from the drainage from your sinuses going from the throat into the stomach

This is a common cause of nausea

Sudafed is not the greatest option because it causes rebound congestion

I think if you go off the sudafed it will get better

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
What else can I use as it's not great being really bunged up all the time! So you are pretty confident this is what's causing my nausea?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Sudafed/nasal sprays are the only thing that clear my nose.

Yes, I am confident.

I would stop the sudafed

it will actually help more in the long run

use zyrtec instead

Thanks for this question.

​If you have more questions, just reply. :)