the-good-doctor
the-good-doctor, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Medical Doctor
55099014

I have persistent loud and painful clicking in my throat,

I have persistent loud and painful clicking in my throat, ear and jaw. In nine years it has devastated my life and even the most eminent London neurologists have failed to treat and properly diagnose it. Can you please help?Regards,Anna

Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

I'm very sorry about this Anna.

what tests have you had?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have had several MRI scans of my brain, facial nerve and jaw. My jawbone is worn but there are no other obvious abnormalities. I have been on many antispasmodic drugs and had Botox into my face and palate - all without success.

could it be TMJ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My jaw is certainly compromised by the constant movement but various neurologists have said the cause is in my brain. They don’t know how to treat my symptoms so I’m getting desperate. Thanks anyway for your time. I’ve attempted to attach a video but the file is too large.

has anyone tried injecting the TMJ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No they haven’t. Interesting. With what? I’ve seen a maxillofacial surgeon and he only suggested Botox in my cheek. Thank you.

They would inject it directly with cortisone

that calms down the inflammation in the joint

I think it might work

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).

We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks for your help I will suggest this at my next neuro appointment. Anna

welcome :)