Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS
23101880

For the last few months I have had stomach discomfort /

Hi there, For the last few months I have had stomach discomfort / bloating / sometimes minor pain and about two months ago had a lot of testing done through Gastro. They indicated that the most likely cause is IBS having ruled out other options. Today I am feeling pain a bit lower in my abdomen and feeling short of breath even while sitting at a desk - is this likely related to IBS or something different?

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

Yes it definitely sounds to be IBS from your description especially with all tests being unremarkable . You should take mebeverine thrice daily for the crampy pains . Must follow the recommended IBS diet as mentioned in the link below ;

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/irritable-bowel-syndrome-ibs/diet-lifestyle-and-medicines/

Anxiety and stress can be strong triggers so a low dose amitriptyline or imipramine usually does help .

IBS never bothers at night when asleep and never causes weight loss .

Hope it answers your query .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your help, and shortness of breath is associated with IBS?

No ,not directly linked but anxiety and abdominal pain can soketimes result in shortness of breath .