Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

The past few days I’ve been having night sweats and some

Customer Question

The past few days I’ve been having night sweats and some diahorrea. Also a loss of appetite
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.

Any fever or abdominal pain with this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Some mild stomach cramps
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.

This is usually a viral gastroenteritis that runs its course in a week to ten days

For now I suggest oral probiotics, a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass or water twice a day, plenty of juices and GatorAde, and the BRAT diet of bananas, rice, applesauce and toast

But if this goes on beyond another seven days you need to see your doctor for an exam and a stool culture for E coli and C diff since if that's positive you'd need a course of oral antibiotics

Please let me know if you need any more information

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any idea?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.