Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

My 6 years old son was kissed by my aunt who had a cold sore

Hi,My 6 years old son was kissed by my aunt who had a cold sore even though I warned her like 100 times. It was 3 days ago. My son was complaining about a pain inside her mouth this morning. When I checked, I could see a little bump inside his mouth. He says it is only painful when his teeth touch the bump. It doesn’t look like a cold sore but I am not sure. What do you think it is?

Dear customer,

Thank you for the question.

This does not appear to be a cold sore. It is more likely to be an ulcer and swelling caused by local trauma due to biting of teeth. Or it can be an aphthous ulcer. This is not alarming and will heal by itself in a few days. It is not an outbreak of the viral infection. You can safely relax.

Take care.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.
Please rate the answer with 5-stars, by clicking the 5-stars above with your mouse (or with your finger on a mobile device).
It will be very generous of you to also consider a bonus.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you think he definitely caught the virus? When can we expect it to cause an outbreak?

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

Transmission of the virus is not definite and many such exposures can occur without any transmission. However, the possibility of transmission is present and if he does not get an outbreak within 2 weeks you can safely relax and know that he is not infected with the virus.

Take care.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank youCustomer

Dear customer,
You are very welcome!!
Glad that I could help.
Thank you so much!