Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

On Sunday I had slight diarrhoea but thought it was because

Customer Question

Hi, on Sunday I had slight diarrhoea but thought it was because I had been out on Saturday drinking and had an Indian not a spicy one though. However I’m still experiencing this and it’s painful to go to the toilet like a burning stinging sensation, since Sunday I haven’t eaten well. I am going about 4/5 times a day small amounts which is yellow and dark.
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 2 months ago.

Dear customer,

Thank you for the question.

Are you having any other symptoms such as nausea or fever? Are you able to drink plenty of water or are you not able to hold the water? What is the colour of your urine? Are you feeling weak?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi,Now you mention it yesterday I had a funny spell and got a headache and went dizzy so sat down and tried to close my eyes and then began to feel sick and the room started to spin. Eventually I fwll asleep for an hour and then felt better. I’m drinking enough. Haven’t noticed colour of urine sorry and as for feeling weak I wouldn’t say so not especially. I have a 3 month old baby so that comes with its own tiredness and feeling weak I guess.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Did you get that message?

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

I am glad that you are able to drink enough. This is the reason why you are not feeling weak despite the mild diarrhoea that you are having. The cause for this diarrhoea is likely to be food poisoning or a viral infection of the gastrointestinal tract. This can cause the change in frequency and color of the stools. This is a harmless condition if you are able to drink fluids. However, in those who cannot keep down fluids and are sick, this can lead to dehydration and complications. In your case, there is not much that you can do except continue to drink enough fluids. You can also take Imodium if required to reduce the frequency of bowel movements. Your bowel movements will become normal gradually in 7 to 10 days. You can expect your symptoms to improve in the next few days.

Take care.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please rate the answer with 5-stars, by clicking the 5-stars above with your mouse (or with your finger on a mobile device).

It will be very generous of you to also consider a bonus.

Dear customer,
Were you able to read my answer?
Do you have any further questions?