Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

I had an incidental blood finding of positive ANA 1:320 in

Customer Question

Hi I had an incidental blood finding of positive ANA 1:320 in speckled pattern. The rheumatologist asked me vague questions and is watching me over a period of a year.
I do have loads of general symptoms but I kind of think that’s anxiety.
Do you have any idea what this could be
I have a lot of fatigue general pain over my body.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 16 days ago.
Hello and welcome to JA. A Speckled pattern is associated with SLE, Sjögren syndrome, scleroderma, polymyositis, rheumatoid arthritis, and mixed connective tissue disease. I’m not sure what you mean by the rheumatologist is watching you but these are the diseases a speckled pattern can be associated with
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I think they don’t know what auttoimmune disease I have . I mean do I have one? If my blood result is what I stated? Will symptoms now begin to develop and that’s how I will know what I have?
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I understand my result doesn’t look good I have severe body pains and lot of fatigue dry eyes but I am worried I have a serious illness brewing :(((((
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
i do have tingly hands and feet. Chest pain ibs breathlessness but I always thought it is anxiety
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 15 days ago.
The blood result is only one indication of the above disease. Your Dr is looking at your symptoms and also at other blood work. Its possible you have one of the above diseases. You cannot diagnose yourself but should rely on your dr to attempt to pinpoint the disease process
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Okay my final question it possible to have the blood result that I have 1/320 speckled and have no disease?
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 14 days ago.
it is it could be a false positive