Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

I had an incidental blood finding of positive ANA 1:320 in

Customer Question

Hi I had an incidental blood finding of positive ANA 1:320 in speckled pattern. The rheumatologist asked me vague questions and is watching me over a period of a year.
I do have loads of general symptoms but I kind of think that’s anxiety.
Do you have any idea what this could be
I have a lot of fatigue general pain over my body.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JA. A Speckled pattern is associated with SLE, Sjögren syndrome, scleroderma, polymyositis, rheumatoid arthritis, and mixed connective tissue disease. I’m not sure what you mean by the rheumatologist is watching you but these are the diseases a speckled pattern can be associated with
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I think they don’t know what auttoimmune disease I have . I mean do I have one? If my blood result is what I stated? Will symptoms now begin to develop and that’s how I will know what I have?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I understand my result doesn’t look good I have severe body pains and lot of fatigue dry eyes but I am worried I have a serious illness brewing :(((((
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i do have tingly hands and feet. Chest pain ibs breathlessness but I always thought it is anxiety
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 6 months ago.
The blood result is only one indication of the above disease. Your Dr is looking at your symptoms and also at other blood work. Its possible you have one of the above diseases. You cannot diagnose yourself but should rely on your dr to attempt to pinpoint the disease process
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Okay my final question it possible to have the blood result that I have 1/320 speckled and have no disease?
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 6 months ago.
it is it could be a false positive