Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

My girlfriend was in a car accident in January 13th

Customer Question

Hi thereMy girlfriend was in a car accident in January 13th resulting being induced in a coma for 3 weeks. Whilst in the rehab they advised she could not drink any alcohol despite feeling fine. She was discharged completely 14th May but has no idea when she can drink alcohol again.Please can you assist?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 months ago.

If she has been released from care and given a clean bill of health and if her cognition, balance and mental alertness is back the way it was before the accident, then she can consume alcohol. During rehab alcohol is prohibited so that a proper measure of improvement and/or deterioration of condition can be achieved.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5-stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!