Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

I have been given by my doctor 400 mg tablets of Acyclovir

Customer Question

I have been given by my doctor 400 mg tablets of Acyclovir and can’t remember how many to take each twenty four hours for my herpes simplex cold sores that come up on my neck and near my ear - please advise
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 4 months ago.

Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

It is 400 mg three times a day

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).

We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

It is 400 mg three times a day

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Sorry but this does not help me please can you refund me.

How doesn't that help Francis?

You asked how often to take it

you take 3 pills in 24 hours