Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

A friend of mine has had an injury to her face (she has been

Customer Question

Hello a friend of mine has had an injury to her face (she has been bitten by another person) on the right cheek/jorebone. It is very nasty and she has been told it is life threatening. She has had it stitched and I have been asked to try and find out some information. Please can you help
Many thanks Debbie
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 4 months ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I looking forward to assisting you with your question and providing excellent service. What are your questions ?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi, I have a family in Nigeria that have had an incident where the mum has been bitten by someone on the lower right cheek. She has had this treated and stitched but has been told it is life threatening. I may sound naive but how can it be life tgreatening. If it is what sort of treatment will she need please. I ask as they will struggle to make the payment and I want to be clear as to what is possibly needed before I offer to help.
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 4 months ago.
She will need antibiotics to prevent infection. She may need surgical revision of the wound. Human bites are dangerous, more so than an animal bite and Easily become infected