Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

I have had some ringing in my ears for a couple of weeks--

Customer Question

I have had some ringing in my ears for a couple of weeks-- not loud but it has not gone awayWhat should I do?
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 12 days ago.

Dear customer,

Thank you for the question.

With this symptom of ringing in ears, the next step is to consult your doctor and evaluate your hearing. This is because sometimes such ringing in the ear is associated with hearing impairment which needs to be detected early. Also, your doctor can prescribe medications which can reduce the tinnitus if the ringing is disabling. In most cases, such type of ringing without any hearing loss will resolve by itself after 8 to 10 weeks.

Take care.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.
Please rate the answer with 5-stars, by clicking the 5-stars above with your mouse (or with your finger on a mobile device).
It will be very generous of you to also consider a bonus.

Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 11 days ago.

Dear customer,
Were you able to read my answer?
Do you have any further questions?