How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 49806
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. David is online now

My wife has severe chest pain in the centre of chest it goes

Customer Question

My wife has severe chest pain in the centre of chest it goes down to abdomine.
Cannot lay down, stand up or sit up with being breathless and having to pant to control the pain.
If she leans forward over the bed the pain slightly decreases and she can breath.
Felt dizzy, sick and shakes from pain and sweats.
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 14 days ago.

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 14 days ago.

I am sorry your wife is in such pain.

she should go to the hospital or A&E and see a doctor there right away

she needs testing like a chest xray or chest CT scan and blood testing to see why she may be having this pain.

she should get an ECG heart tracing as well.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Dr. David replied 14 days ago.

you are welcome

do you have a hospital or A&E close to you?

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 Stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down see the ratings area)
You can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website:
Thanks for using