How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrVasavada Your Own Question
DrVasavada, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 4428
Experience:  MD(Ped), DCH ; in practice treating adolescent to newborns
Type Your Medical Question Here...
DrVasavada is online now

I am 63 years old. My husband left me in 1998 after 18 years

This answer was rated:

I am 63 years old. My husband left me in 1998 after 18 years of marriage which was not sexually successful. He married a girl who was 20 years younger than me and they now have 3 children. I was very unwell when we married and my symptoms never changed. I always felt fearful and insecure and very unhappy. I now know that I have vaginismus but did not know that then. I always felt that it was my fault and therefore my problem. I cried a lot. I have finally found the courage to see a counsellor next week. I feel stupid and pathetic that this situation has been allowed to go on for so long. How am I ever going to get over this. Lynne

Hi, thanks, ***** ***** your query, will be replying in few seconds please. DrVasavada

Your reproductive age is over and you may remarry only for companionship. Please follow the advice of counsellor and accept a partner who also is in need of a companion only. Good luck.

DrVasavada and 7 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you