DrVasavada
DrVasavada, Doctor
Experience:  MD(Ped), DCH ; in practice treating adolescent to newborns
16481530

How is it supposed to take for either of these things to be

Hi how long is it supposed to take for either of these things to be back to normal... A torn ligament, a bad sprain

Hi, thanks, ***** ***** your query, will be replying in few seconds please. DrVasavada

A ligament tare can heal provided there are no extraneous tissues between torn ends, otherwise healing takes place in 3-4 weeks, just like in bones. Mostly an open repair is advised.

Sprains also heal faster if rest is given to part, say a week or ten days.

Good luck.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's been like this since last March, and to be fair I finally got to have an X ray in October which showed that I originally broke it, but I was told that it was at the time too swollen to x-ray, but now I'm struggling to find someone who will do the opporation to put it right. I'm now having other issues and still I have mega amounts of pain, any suggestions?

Too swollen for X ray is a bullshit statement. X rays penetrate soft tissues and are stopped only by bone. Hence an image in black and white(bone). Please rest the part in a cast or splint and use paracetamol every 4-5 hours till healing takes place or operation done.