How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrVasavada Your Own Question
DrVasavada, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 4182
Experience:  MD(Ped), DCH ; in practice treating adolescent to newborns
Type Your Medical Question Here...
DrVasavada is online now

Where can I see a National Health Consultant to look at my

Customer Question

Where can I see a National Health Consultant to look at my back I have had an M.R.I.scan and have been told by a private consultant that I need an operation for compressed disc urgently but I cannot afford £35,000 can you help me.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrVasavada replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thanks, ***** ***** your query, will be replying in few seconds please. DrVasavada

Expert:  DrVasavada replied 1 year ago.

Please get a referral from your GP for spine specialist. No need to rush for operation if you do not have weakness or severe numbness, tingling in lower limbs indicating nerve compression.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I wrote a compressed disc and it is a compressed spine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A specialist has already told me I need an urgentn operation or I will become totally incontinent!
Expert:  DrVasavada replied 1 year ago.

A prolapsed disc may compress nerves or spinal cord depending upon area where protrusion occurs. If presently you have impending nerve symptoms, then a minimal invasive procedure may be done with a scope.