Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

Why would i be sent for an ultrasound after an gastroscopy

why would i be sent for an ultrasound after an gastroscopy and hallebactor was diagnosed?

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
thank you

That is most likely for sake of completeness of the examination and work up.

Usually individuals who exhibit symptoms of gastritis, acid reflux and esophagitis also have concomitant gall stones or gall bladder dysfunction which can only be diagnosed by an ultrasound of the upper abdomen. And that is why an ultrasound is requested to complete the work up.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5-stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
thank you for the answer, just a quick question, would the gastroscopy have detected stomach cancer ?

Yes, that is the gold standard investigation to detect stomach cancer.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
thank you... and taking 1 or 2 biopsies would be normal during the gastroscopy?

Yes, multiple biopsies are part of the procedure.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
thank you for your time

Glad I could help.

Take good care.