wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I have been doing a keto diet with 16 hour (sometimes

Customer Question

I have been doing a keto diet with 16 hour (sometimes longer) fasts for the past 45 days.In the first 5 days I noticed some discomfort on my left abdomen area. Since then that dull ache has intensified somewhat. I now get a pulsing feeling on my left lower back as well now.I feel stomach rumblings rubbing up against the area causing discomfort as well, if that makes any sense.My urine also has developed a relatively strong smell.I have no other real symptoms.I am 28, and sedentary.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I am trying to rule out pancreatic cancer.I am of west african origin as well, of that adds to the picture.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
if
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 11 days ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 11 days ago.

How tall are you and how much do you weigh?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hi Dr Rick, I am about 6 ft tall and weigh about 80-85 kg's.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I don't have any other medical problems except occasional tiredness. But I think that has to with my relatively sedentary lifestyle. I am not on any medications, though I did take medications for about 6 months a few years back when I contracted TB.
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 10 days ago.

Thank you for that additional information.

From what you have posted I very, very much doubt you have pancreatic cancer.

You can put these fears behind you.

If, however, you just can't get these concerns out of your mind then a battery of laboratory tests as well as an MRI should prove that all is well.

Does this make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Hi Dr Rick, I didn't realize that you had answered this. Thank you. I'm currently away from my home country and would need to fly back for any tests, hence my question. Would you then say that that would not be worth it? And what from what I have shared here has given you the confidence to mostly rule it out?Thanks again!
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 6 days ago.

Yes. I feel that we can, with a high level of confidence, rule this out.

You are OK

Make sense?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you can please give me the top rating in all areas. It has been a pleasure to assist you today.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS