Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
1304720

I have a swollen big toe,I have no recollection of doing

Customer Question

I have a swollen big toe,I have no recollection of doing anyphysical to it and therefore suspect I may have gout.
Assistant: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?
Customer: I am 80-y-o, and live a very active and social life. No recent injuries. I drink my share of wine per day, and try to not over eat.
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I am generally in quite good order, 16stone. Today I am going to have a scan on the left ankle, as I have some pain there as well. The Left ankle pain started about a month ago and the toe pain very recently, about 3 days ago.
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 14 days ago.

Dear customer,

Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.

What is your question regarding this?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I think I have a form of gout and need to know the correct procedure to follow. I would presume the answer will be to make an appointment with my GP and accept the diagnosis.

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

Are you having only swelling? Is there any pain or redness as well?