Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

Morning, I am diabetic, have had vomiting and diarrhoea for

Customer Question

morning, I am diabetic, have had vomiting and diarrhoea for 3 days now, the stool has changed from a yellow liquid to dark green.
I have low backache as well as a tender tummy area.
I am testing sugar levels regularly and try to keep things level.
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 2 months ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am reviewing your question and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks a lot for waiting. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. I am sorry to hear about your problem. Green colour of stool indicates that you are having a bacterial infection. It's not simply a viral infection or stomach flu. You have to follow certain measures but you should visit emergency room too as you need antibiotics to get rid of this infection. The self measures include drinking lot of fluids like Gatorade. Eat BRAT diet only I.e banana, rice, Apple sauce and toast. You can take over the counter available tablet pepto Bismol twice daily for five days. I reassure you that there is nothing serious and you are going to be alright. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service but if you have received anything less than that, please ask anything you want. Your excellent feedback is requested and will be appreciated. Regards