wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I have enlarged lymoh nodes for over two years now I have

Customer Question

Hi I have enlarged lymoh nodes for over two years now I have had numerous tests that show all my lymoh nodes look normal, I generally don't feel well I had a lot of blood tests done last year in September which some show the following:EBV-VCA abs. ( AU/ml igG) >400.0U/no positive
Cytomega H U/ml lovirus IgG Antibody ( CMV ) High 134Cytomegalovirus IGM Antibody ( CMV ) negativeEBV-VCA abs. ( U/ml igM) negative 9.4 U noPlease can you tell me what these mean and if I have the EBV virus that could be causing this I generally feel unwell and have alopecia areata now for the past 6 months not getting better could I have a autoimmune disorders or something malignant. Would really appreciate your help,
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 2 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 2 months ago.

These tests show that epstein bar virus, CMV virus are probably not the cause of your issue. Also you have have been exposed to EBV in the past...just like most of us have.

I see no reason to believe, from what you have posted, that you have cancer.

So What should you do?

At this point, if you are really still very concerned, I think the best thing for you to do would be to gather up copies of all your medical records and travel to a large University Teaching hospital. At an institution like that you could be evaluated and treated by a team of sub-specialists who are at the cutting edge of their respective fields. The best thing about these large teaching hospitals is that consultations are available with Professors and leaders in their field by just walking a few steps down the hall.

In the USA the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota is an excellent example of just such a place as this. That being said there are many excellent teaching hospitals all across the United Kingdom and I am sure that there is one near you.

I know that it is going to take significant effort on your part, but I believe that going to one of the "Medical Mecca's" is your best chance to – finally -- get to the bottom of what is going on.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned the top rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your reply, I have had may tests done but the lymph nodes don’t hurt and have been present and continue to grow is it possible to detect malignancy on a ultrasound and ct scan? Could it be because of a undetected autoimmune disorder like previously mentioned I have alopecia areata and a lot of hair loss.
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 2 months ago.

The best way to detect any malignancy would be to surgically remove a number of the enlarged lymph nodes and have them evaluated under the microscope by a pathologist.

Ultrasound, CT or MRI really can not make this determination.

You could have an undetected autoimmune issue causing your hair loss. That being said, it seems that you have already had a fairly extensive workup done and I'd have thought any such issue would have been discovered by now....

Does this make sense?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you can please give me the top rating in all areas. It has been a pleasure to assist you today.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS