Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I had been suffering fro flu, but dont have temperature

Customer Question

Good Morning I had been suffering fro flu, but dont have temperature anymore, still sore throat and dry coughs. Yesterday suddenly I experieced severe ear ache and total blockage in my right year. Went to a walk in clinic he just said is ear wax. Today when I woke up I suddenly had double hearing in my right ear. I think it is called Diplacusis?
Assistant: How long have you had the symptoms? Do you have a fever?
Customer: i only had fewer for 2 days and then no more. I am also on Antibiotics, as I had a swelling in my face on my cheeks. that has gone down as well now. Just have a dry cough especially in the night and the ear problem since yesterday. It came out of nothing from one minute to the next.
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: apart from Tourettes and High Blood pressure I dont have anything wrong with me.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 months ago.

It is most likely infection of the middle ear called otitis media which is common after flu. I would recommend taking a decongestant like Sudafed and steam inhalation with menthol drops in it. The main treatment is antibiotics which you are already taking. Followup with your doctor in urgent care and get your ear examined as well.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5-stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I went to a walk in clinic yesterday and the doctor looked into my ear and said there is no infection
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for the reply.

In case it was wax then the doctor can not see infection so difficult to rule out in presence of wax. Sudafed and steam would help though.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 months ago.

Please let me know if you have followup questions.