Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

How after an acute attack of gout should I wait before

Customer Question

How long after an acute attack of gout should I wait before starting Allopirnonal? And does Allopirnonal interact badly with statins or Losartan?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 15 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 15 days ago.

It is recommended to wait for at least two weeks before starting allopurinol after acute gout attacks.

There are no significant interactions between allopurinol, statins, and losartan.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5-stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 14 days ago.

Please let me know if you have followup questions.